Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens…..

Ok – that’s obvious – my favorite things also happen to include the song from Sound of Music.

Sound of Music soundtrack picture

I also love chocolate, soft cotton t-shirts, cuddling with my kids, holding hands with my husband, and learning new things. Over the last year or so there has been an explosion of web 2.0 tools to learn about. On twitter, there was a question about what were my favorite ones that I just couldn’t live without. So, after humming for a little while about doorbells, and sleighbells and schneitzel with noodles.…here are my favorites:

Google Earth Logo

1. Google Earth has to be one of the best tools out there that I can think of. There are so many ways this application can be utilized for just about any class and learner. There are also many, many resources out there showing you the golden brick road to best useage of Google Earth.

VoiceThread logo

2. VoiceThread is probably going to be on a lot of people’s lists – also for its flexibility across many curriculums and forums. I already blogged about this site here.

Primary Source Learning logo

3. My third pick (this list not in any particular order, just someone had to be third…) would have to be Primary Source Learning. This site is set up in conjunction with the Library of Congress (which by the way is debuting a new resource of its own very soon here.) Anyway, Primary Source Learning is a site that shows teachers how to integrate primary historical documents into their classroom for everyday lessons. It strives to teach students connections between then, now, and the future. Lessons are there along with whatever printables are needed as well as field test reports from real live teachers who have used these lessons in their classrooms. Lessons also have links to how to differentiate the content, processes and products for each experience. What an amazing resource!

So – there you go – my favorite three…..for today. Who knows what’ll come along tomorrow?

5 thoughts on “Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens…..

1. Pingback: Google Earth » Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens…..

2. Thanks for taking the time to write a post on your favourite things I will definitely be talking about it and linking to it from The Edublogger. Also going to spend some time checking out the Primary Source Learning.

3. Pingback: Using Your Twitter Network For Help & Providing Their Recommendations | The Edublogger

4. Hey Sonja,
    Thanks for the great information! I have been quite impressed with the Primary Source Learning site also. I appreciate your updates on information such as VoiceThread. I can’t wait to join and see the benefits.
    Melissa